Monday, January 30, 2012

3 Pages a Day: On to Jan. 30

Yes, I Was Beautiful Back in 2011
Greetings-
Yes, it's hard to change horses in mid-stream. No, I've never tried it, but it seems reasonable. This month I changed Challenge in early-stream, though not on purpose. The brain started out almost O.K., I did make soon Brave (for me) moves, and then Forgot to Remember The Task....

What did start in early January, and has continued steadily, has been scribbling something (3 pages) in the Marvel Superheroes journal every day. Yes, persistence in at least one area of life! Woo hoo! The writing is not brilliant, some is bitchy moany, some is Yes, I've Decided to Live. Some is the noting that, yes, a frozen tea bag will help bring down the puffiness under one's eyes - whew, some is listing of You Tube subjects that keep me semi-happy: Chuck Close interviews, Monthy Pithon stuff, Hank Williams, Dire Straits, Miles Davis, Lionel Hampton, Tim Burton inverviews, Jim Dine interviews, TED Talks, etc etc. My life is etc.-ery. that's just the way it is. And noting of the addiction to the Roz Wound Up blog.

The first meeting of our "What We Need Is Here" group is scheduled for 9 - 12 this morning. A fine group of multi-purposed folks take over a room at The Phipps Center for the Arts. Each meeting is different and usually excellent, thanks to fearless leader, Anastasia. The group has been around for four years - this will be my second as a member. We have learned to make journals, how to ask and listen, learned from experts in a variety of fields, read and discussed two books, took some field-trips, and all in all had a fine high-quality time. I feel lucky to be part of the gang.


Have the Courage to Bloom in New Ways This Year!!


I should be heading out soon, just because I like to spend a bit of time at a Hudson coffee-shop before heading to the Phipps. A few minutes sitting with coffee, paper, pen, and no pressure. And the thought that I could buy a pastry if I wanted one. This will not happen today because the typing is going along O.K. (I'm settling for lots of O.K.s in life lately, because they are better than "badly.") "If I'm not dead I'm O.K." - one of my new mottos. Now to live up to it.


These Giant Guys Perked Up Our Patio in 2011

Gardening is both a long and short time away. These photos are posted to give up Hope. There are so many kinds of plants. Some for eating. Some to simply enjoy or bring awe. This year I plan to increase plantings of sunflowers, and maybe even more basils. (Now that I can make a decent pesto. Thanks to an artist friend with a lovely pesto recipe.)


On To The Grand Adventure

So.... no, I haven't written the three pages yet today. But they will get done. Just like business stuff that is impatiently waiting. And the pastels, finished and unfinished. And February is as good a month to be Brave as any.

On to it!
Fare-thee-well,
Sue

No comments: