Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Words



Today I've been asking people what some of their favorite words are. One of mine is "imbroglio."

Because of this little project I have learned "gubernaculum" and "sesquipedalian." 

The mystery of what resides in each of our little few pounds of brain stuff is always fascinating.

A few of the words I could type here. I simply choose not to - though they led to a great chat about the different ways of cursing around the world.

Asking folks about words can lead to much wonder. Try it!

An hour or two in a coffee shop combined with the Facebook - most often my "drug" of choice.

Now it is time to cut out a sheet of Hearts and got on with the true duties of the day.

I've found I need the structure of a week plotted out in a journal. I am am excellent go-with-flow type, but often the end of the flow is not really where I want to end up. Now the words/task taunt and remind. I need that not-real cattle prod - electric or other. "Git along, Little Susan, git along." (zap!!)

Prepping for the Spring Green, Wisconsin art festival this weekend. I will not be ready, but will be as ready as I will be. It is weird to have that mindset now - but it keeps me slightly saner than many of those other mindsets. And as a person often on the edge of "ARCGK!!!" often, putting the bossa nova music in  the ears and simply going with some of the many things that make up hours helps me realize that days can be filled well with a variety of odd strivings. 

The starting of the large painting of the Minnesota Zoo Russian grizzlies has actually been fun. I'd fought even looking at that 30" x 30" square of Masonsite for a couple months. Now that there is paint over grid marks - well, doing the deed seems possible!



I hope I can do these two bruins justice. And it might be time for a return zoo visit soon. Actions vs words!

Fare-thee-well,
Sue


No comments: