Saturday, February 4, 2017

Making More Stuff


February Makings - 

Since last post:
A little rodent for Groundhog's Day - nothing fancy, but has a point - 



Started to paint on small model horse, as part of the NaMoPaiMo Facebook Group. Over three hundred people from around the world - really - have signed up to attempt finishing at least one one model horse during February. All skill levels; many different approaches. I have been out of the hobby for so long that this is scary fun. It is how I used to make a living. Now I am almost a Beginner again. It is O.K. to be a Beginner any time. Here is my little horsie so far:


There is much to learn and do. I am having fun! So far.

Thursday night I made something I have not made in over five years - a batch of chocolate chip cookies! I'd told Todd I would do this - so while he was off bowling I had to re-learn how to bake cookies. I loved to bake - but tinnitus put brakes to much of this sort of thing. Just the creamed butter and real sugar (I took a tiny sample...) was SO delicious... I made only a single batch - but amazingly, we still have some left. I plan to freeze a few - as little treats. yes, I can eat HALF of a cookie. One cookie takes two days to eat. Sad, huh? But better than no cookies. Todd will have to figure out how to measure his cookies, 'cause I don't know when I'll bake again.


YUM!!

Other real work has been accomplished, too. It feels good to have some ambition again. Almost strange. But good.

On to tomorrow. I hear there is a football game on Sunday.

Yes, too many "I"'s in this post. What are YOU making?

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

Time to get back to the Valentines!

No comments: