Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Fakin' It



For some of us "crazy" sorts - April is International Fake Journal Month. 
Really.

I've participated for four of the past five years. 
You can be anybody, and in almost any time - as long as it's April and you stay true to the hour you are really fakely journaling in.

This year I am an unnamed recently retired Botanist.
No, I do not know why.
But I get to draw plants - for fun now.

Here are a couple recent posts to the IFJM Facebook Group page:

Day 1 - 

Day 4 - 


Day 5 - 

Yes, those are real amaryllis seeds. No, they probably won't stay in the journal.

But because of this temporary "life" I learned today that one can start amaryllis seeds, although it can take from three to six years before a plant blossoms. And because almost all plants are hybrids, one won't know about potential blooms until the plant blooms. Really.

No, I don't know what tomorrow will bring. Maybe that it as it should be.

Fare-thee-well,
Fake Sue

No comments: