Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A Day



Today:

I finished listening to "All Quiet on the Western Front." In light of yesterday's bombing in Manchester, England I am once again left numb and void of reasonable thought. Dead is dead. Even while in the midst of the novel, written by a veteran, I  cannot imagine the horrors of the real Great War. Watching the many real time videos and news reports from Manchester I cannot imagine the true horror of being at the venue.

So I shallowly watch a bunch of multi-millionaires play "serious" basketball. And I keep trying to paint and draw images and words that might matter to someone.

Yesterday's efforts yielded this work-in-progress. Another in the Bear Dream Series. 12" x 12". Acrylic on canvas. No, I have don't know what I'm doing. I only know that a "plain" dancing bear is starting to get boring. And so one tries things. We shall see if future work on this piece will be "successful." Do the work. Dare to play. Sometimes playing is hard to do. Sometimes play gets serious.


Now it's time to get back to the basketball game.
Art fairs have been applied to. 
Emails have been answered. Not enough, but some.
I am done adulting for today.

Bourbon, anyone? I'm pouring.

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

No comments: