Monday, December 11, 2017

Today


Today:

I received a lovely gift from a friend. It is a tote bag illustrated by a large bunch of scribbles - with the quote: CREATIVE MINDS ARE RARELY TIDY.

Hmm... I wonder why she thought of me...

It is not that I do not WANT to be tidy.
I DO.
And a few parts of Life are.
Many are not.

I know that life would most likely be easier if life was tidier.
Time spent hunting for a particular thing would be spent on something more productive. But then I might not find a thing I'd forgotten about for years. Like that yarn I didn't know existed till yesterday. A hunt for something else flushed it from its hiding place. No, I do not know what will happen to it. Right now it's being used to tie up a drooping plant. And to attach Christmas "greenery" to our surveyor's tripod floor lamp "tree."

If life was tidy I would know where That Book was. Now I just know it exists. The same goes for lots of model horse related things. And journals. And certain art supplies.

Some things are at least semi-tidy:
* business records
* personal records
* art supply ordering information
* real hard-copy photographs
* most books
* most art supplies
* the house plants

And, as with maybe the majority of people in the U.S., I will re-re-re-re-commit to tidying up more "next year."

At present, I will remain one of those "I know it's around here somewhere" about a number of things. At least now, if I find them, there is another tote in which to haul them somewhere else!

Fare-thee-well,
sue

No comments: