Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Motivation - Ugh

Truth?

Sometimes it takes a good talking-to from oneself to oneself.
Writing "chat" down helps - sometimes.

After afternoon shift at antique shop I went to our local co-op for that free Small cup of coffee they offer on Tuesdays. I was too late for a free cookie. So it goes.

As a long-time journaling sort I have been keeping quite on task in writing at least three journal pages a day. These are not always "Morning Pages" as suggested by Julia Cameron in several of her books. They are "Whenever They Get Scribbled Pages." That's O.K. with me. So up on a stool I hopped, out came iPod and Bach, and after a few sips of uninteresting brown liquid the black-inked pen started rolling across paper. Results are often messy and mysterious. I noted the one last crumb of "cookie" I nabbed, but not chatting with the young lad practicing on saxophone with his dad at a table outside the store. He'd had two lessons and was already better on his lovely golden instrument then I was after a YEAR of terrible squeaky squawking on clarinet in my eighth grade year. "The horror... The horror..." Good luck, young lad - you'll do fine.

Here is the third page:



                           Sunbeams are the best part of this photo? 

Anyway, it seems I once-again have purpose in life. It's been a while. And here are the Quests. Time to quit typing, and get back to the bruins.

This weekend holds the Park Point Art Fair in Duluth, Minnesota. Tomorrow holds finishing three new greeting card designs. And framing things. And checking lists. And working another shift at the shop. And hosting another Wednesday Evening Arts/Crafts Event.

Tonight holds more work filling the card racks and learning more about ancient English History. No good reason. Just because.

Sometimes treat yourself to doing things just because...

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

No comments: