Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Thankfuls from The Daily Grind

Today a little unofficial personal challenge - 30 Thanksfuls about the place from which I am typing.

The Daily Grind - in Stillwater, Minnesota -

Here goes:

Today I am thankful

1) that co-owner tim asked if I needed shade to be able to better see laptop screen
2) he made shade happen!
3) this place often rings with laughter
4) one of the ladies who works crossword puzzles almost every day said "Good Morning" when I sat down
5) that I decided to use a in-house cup this morning. One less thing to be tossed.
6) that I accidentally spilled a bit of coffee
7) that a napkin and some markers  could be used as a vehicle for "art" - guessing this will get used in a future mixed-media book.



8) that this doesn't have to be THIRTY thankfuls - but thanksfuls till it is time to go work at American Gothic Antiques at ten A.M.
9) that there is about 15 minutes before I have to leave.
10) that I am using good headphones so people who might not enjoy jazz don't have to listen to what is getting me through some particular hours.
11) for the theme from "the Pink Panther" - written by Henry Mancini, and is being in my head courtesy of Pandora "radio."
12) that they offer wi-fi, and many electrical outlets, and don't chase one out after a time - even if they are BUSY. (I try to be thoughtful in time spent - most of the time.)
13) for the wide variety of humans that take refuge here.
14) for the times I treat myself to a home-made biscotti.
15) knowing that this team has made a move from one end of town to the other (reasons), and perhaps are even more success now.
16) this place is using the back space of The Valley Booksellers - a lovely small independent book store that (knock wood) keeps selling BOOKS!
17) bikers and hikers having a staging area from which to hit the near-by excellent hiking/biking trail.
18) that the St. Croix River is just a few (metaphorically speaking) steps away.
19) this is my view of my "office" this morning:



20) one can learn many things - if one takes off the headphones and listens.
21) that I now a semi-regular
22) their de-caf is highly drinkable
23) the vibe of the shop is most often Positive. (more laughter just now!)
24) that there are MORE things to write about this place, but I have to scoot!

*********

Rivertown Art Festival is this weekend. In Lowell Park in Stillwater. I don't know booth space as recent wether has had show staff re-mapping booth areas. We will go with the flow.

**********
Fare-thee-well,
Be kind -
Sue

No comments: