Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Hope

Daylight is starting to peek over horizon earlier and earlier! Sure, I feel a little sad for friends in New Zealand and Australia, but not much. This is another "miracle" of Facebook for me - the sharing of our opposite seasons through the year. If it is one way here it is the other way there - and so we keep twirling 'round giving eachother Hope in the days that are our darkest.

This morning I remembered that a sis-in-law gave me an indoor greenhouse for Christmas! I am hoping that this is going to be a wonderful addition to the kitchen "green space" soon. It measures 27.5 inches wide by 19 inches deep by 63 inches high. With four steel shelves, and a clear vinyl cover and roll-up zippered door panels. It might just save our marriage come seed-starting time! Hubby doesn't appreciate my messy "system" that works O.K., but isn't lovely to look at.

I've also started to grid out the calendar of potential art fairs for 2018. Because of early Spring travels last year I forgot to to do - thus, missing at least two favorite art fair application dates by ONE day! Stay AWARE. Stay Aware! I Hope to do much better at this.

Already done today - it's 7:50 A.M. - thirty minutes of ugly jogging laps in house, and work on twelve hearts on paper. Baby steps on 2018 Heart Project. And, watching YouTube videos on how a few others create particular kinds of journals. Todd lucked into a bunch of off-sized (for me) lovely lined journals from Canada. All the same style. Another cool gift to get! Some may find their way into Little Free Libraries, because I believe in donating sketchbooks and journals to places like these.

O.K., time to sip another cuppa, and get on with another bitterly cold day - half spent working at no-water-yet American Gothic Antiques. A few more shops are warming up/opening up in downtown Stillwater. The brave-hearted shoppers have been coming through the doors through the wickedest cold. That's one reason to try keeping a store-front open during "Open" hours whenever possible. We, too, have traveled to far-away destinations to be met with locked dark stores. Yes, there are always reasons for this being done. But an open door is a good thing to offer during minus twelve degree days. 

So, on to the only January 3rd, 2018 we will probably ever witness!
I might even make some Art...

Fare-thee-well,
Sue


No comments: