Monday, January 22, 2018

New Week - Different Room


No, The Desk is not completely as organized as it could be, but it is much improved from where it stood at the beginning of last week. It is beginning to help bring Joy and Happiness instead of Dread and Fear - LOL.

This week's tackling is the room we call Studio B. No good reason for this name - but hubby and I know what we mean when we say it.

Today I listed in Planning/SuperBetter/Bullet Journal: Clean in Studio B for one hour. Then drew three little squares. Each square equals twenty minutes. For some reason this system works best for me - and so I keep using it.

First area to tackle? Printer desk and shelves - 



Not pretty. Anybody else use artistic stacking as means to store one's possessions? Time to click that timer for first twenty minutes - and, GO!

Twenty minutes later:



Magic!?! No. Simply focusing twenty minutes at a task. (I have NO idea how this "new" space will be used now, and that is O.K. A little "Zen empty" is lovely to see.)

After two more twenty minute stints the area now looks like this:



Almost like a "normal" person's working space? I AM trying...

Tomorrow holds at least another hour in this room, but also a twenty minute period back at The Desk.

And maybe time for making Art!!

Fare-thee-well,
Baby Steps Sue

1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

How is it we are both on cleaning-out surges? My husb. and I cleaned out the storage barn last weekend -- not ever done before. I really like your Zen space attitude. Carry On!