Tuesday, February 20, 2018

On the Surface


In order to get something kick-started I've begun preparing some papers ready for their first layers of pastel.

The bag of pumice is nowhere to be found, so the combination used today is a mixture of clear gesso and inexpensive acrylic paints. I used a paint knife to stir the glop together, and then took a clean small sponge to apply the paint to paper.

The smaller sheet is from a full-sized piece of Rives BFK printing paper. I really like the weight of this paper for drawing and painting, as well as an occassional side-track into actual printing.
Color mix is red, blue, and orange, in two layers.


The glare is from a light sitting on the kitchen floor. I work where ever seems best!

I also prepared two large "mystery" paper sheets. Hubby Todd found this tough black paper at a garage sale. I have no idea as to it's manufacturer, however it is light, yet tough. And takes this paint  and gesso mixture well. 



The tooth produced is excellent for cross-hatching - especially with Nupastels. So I might be starting to get excited about working again. Baby steps and tiny scritches.

Dare to slap some paint on something - it might brighten your day!

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

No comments: