Saturday, February 10, 2018

Shucks. No Books....


Yes, I took that 25.00 gift card to Barnes & Noble. Yes, I took my time.... About an hour and half. Magazine section? Check. Art Section? Check? Dscount tables? Yup. Music? Nope. I have more than enough to listen to already. Nature Section? Check. I am not one for fiction these days. I have enough marketing and you-can-do-it tomes already. Same with sketch books and journals. So - after actually trying to buy a new printed-on-paper something I spent about half of funds on a set of three water brushes.

I will use these tools. They won't take up much room. I had no idea Barnes & Noble sold art supplies. And because there is still a balance on the card I will be back...

I also found out that although there is a coffee shop inside this B & N they do NOT take Starbucks gift cards... because this is not a Starbucks Coffeeshop.  Color me at first semi-confused. Sigh. Iwas simply trying to use up some of the card. I  do not love Starbucks coffee. Oh well - coffee another time - at another place.

Sunday holds a morning adventure on the last day of the 21018 Art Shanty Porject in Minneapolis. I have wanted to attend these doings for some years. But it took a friend agreeing to go along to do the trick! Morning will be nippy, but we are hardy folk and should be peachy.

Now it's time to watch a few far more talented hardy folk perform at the Winter Olympics. Go, Teams! And Individuals!

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

No comments: