Sunday, March 4, 2018

Sheep - part the first



For a little something different - and maybe Fun - on a piece of left-ever prepped paper  - subject - a cropped photo of a Minnesota State Fair ewe.

Of course, one has to start somewhere. And as I'd already placed a circle on the paper - let's put the sheep somewhere in the circle - scritch, scritch:


No, I do not know what I am doing. This is pretty much the usual. Start in. See what happens. Try to respect the subject. 

See those large crosshatched marks on the bottom of the paper? These are from a trimmed edge of a much larger drawing. I find it hard to throw paper away, but I hadn't remembered saving this, either. As it happens - the strip was large enough to generate three squares of 7 1/2 inches each. And to generate the challenge of  incorporating these marks into completed pastel. This is yet a work in progress...

But there IS progress. So far - so - well, we'll see...


Still not sure of where this is going - but it's heading somewhere...

Sometimes I wish I had a map. Too late this time!
And, yes, I am fighting typing sheep puns.
But - you? Feel free!


Fare-thee-well,
Sue

No comments: