Tuesday, April 3, 2018

April: Day 3 -


This morning Todd and I shoveled and brushed off the van and headed to the theater in Oakdale, MN to see the 10 A.M. showing of "Ready Player One." Sadly, the comfy recliner seats, freshish popcorn, and rolling amounts of CGI visuals put me to sleep in micro-naps throughout the film. What parts I saw were good, but my wacky brain gets easily bored with CGI when giant vehicles roll over and spin through the air, buildings and land fly into so many tiny pieces..., or other things happen loudly and quickly. ZZZzzz... - even at ten in the morning!! so I cannot give a true review of this movie. Parts were fun to see. Others held references that I could not watch back in the day - so I knew I could not watch them now.

Earlier in the day I had created my own imaginary time - another journal post for International Fake Journal Month. this whole April I am, or so it appears..., attempting Crone Practice, as someone has nominated me as Potential Crone. (This is ALL "made up" but is a strange and wondrous way to spend April along with several hundred like-minded odd people. We create a character and stick with it. If you want to know a bit more about this event you can Google it. Really.)

Here is today's page from the journal:


The past two days' drawings were more literal. But as anything goes - as far as it sticks with one's character's world - it was fun to play with something more free form. I tend to write text as it comes to me. some pages have lots more words than this one does. And I have no idea what Day 4 will bring.

Now it is time to get back to entering art festivals and finish some bookkeeping. And maybe get back to reading "Dune."

Still watching botany documentaries on the You Tube.
Filling up the day once again - hip hooray. 

Thinking of Grandma Lucille Rowe and Marney Walerius. Both gone, but more than fondly remembered. One's birthday. One's death day. Never underestimate A Day.

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

No comments: