Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Cranky


Cranky the last few days because the tinnitus "volume" won't dial down - meds or no meds.

And, yes, I probably did this to myself over the weekend - foods I Enjoyed might be torturing head for temporary Joy.

Sorry to be so boring in the typing of this over and over. I can be a quick learner or a never learner. Hoping that the "vibrating steam roar" between ears subsides some and gives me yet another chance at learning. To paraphrase the comic "Pogo" - "I have met the enemy  and it is me."

Onward - but not to Spring. Winter is forever this year. The spindly seedlings yearn for more light and deeper pots. The weekend hold only more cold, rain, and snow. I am sorry little tomatoes, flowers, and potential garden goodies...

On to another semi-happier topic:

If you are a creative type - a good read is "Make It Mighty Ugly." Authored by Kim Piper Werker it is full of honesty and helpful prompts and exercises. This book makes one aware and accountable - if one wants to be aware and accountable. It was good quotes - "Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat." This was from F. Scott Fitzgerald.

One that strikes way to close to home: "When I realize I've been staring at a blank page for ten minutes, or that I've spend two hours in a Twitter-Tumblr-Facebook-Instgram K-hole, I think of all the productive things I could have done with that time." - Ann Friedman, Journalist

It's a tiny bit comforting that we are not alone in our not-doing, but yet not so much.

Werker speaks of Procrastination Demons..... Hmmm, I have no experience with THOSE. (hahaha)

Every page has a nugget or two of suggestions or information. Her honesty about dealing with her own creative life is refreshing in a "damn, you, too?" kind of way.

Her advise to to make something - and make it UGLY - on purpose.

There is much more to this small book than the above.

Dang. I might have to stop reading - and get back to some actual Doing. Time to take off the headphones forcing soothing meditation music into head, sip one last cold sip of de-caf, and head up the hill to the rest of the evening.

At least one person is coming to the first Wednesday night Art Evening (Use Up Sue's Art Supplies) that we've held in a few weeks. So parts of the house are cleaner and a few art supplies will get used up. We might make ugly stuff. We might just make LOVELY stuff. It is all in the daring to do.

Let's dare it! (Ding ding ding ding! - head just wanted to chime in, too.)

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

No comments: