Saturday, April 28, 2018

Just to Type


Today was spent attempting to finish the things yet undone on this week's Bullet Journal/SuperBetter page.

Close. Near miss. That sort of thing.

But other things got accomplished.

Priorities can change in the blink of an eye.

Baby basils are now transplanted - not on the list.

A book by Wendall Berry was purchased at Valley Booksellers on Independent Book Sellers Day. I did not eat any cookies. I did not win a door prize. I did see many other books that I could have liked to add to my odd and mixed collection. I took my new book out to the deck behind the store, lucked into a chair in a sunny spot, and watched seven large pelicans do pelican things in the St. Croix River. No one we know has ever seen pelicans on this part of the river. I missed the huge mass of them several days ago - pelicans and loons paddling together. I know some loons will stick around. I am guessing the pelicans will continue north. Yes, I am aware that this is a rambling paragraph.

Tomorrow morning I learn a bit more about working and playing with my new iPhone 7+. Yes, there will be those who will criticize this purchase. I miss the feel of the rubbery case enclosing the iPhone 5. I paid one dollar for the 5. This is not the case with the 7+. So it goes. I am really cheap in some areas of life. But not so with the stuff I treat myself to from that Apple company. Yes, there are detractors in my own family. I choose not to care. Thus endth the sermon.

Now it is time to get back to reading "Dune." Reading this book was to be a priority. I have to remember this. Goodbye, typing. Hello, stuff happening in "Dune."

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

PS - Still two days to keep sucking the life juice out of April. 



No comments: