Saturday, April 7, 2018

Goofing Off in Studio B


In early afternoon Todd and I headed for a metro area estate sale. The ad showed images of art supplies. I have no need of more art supplies, but Todd needed to get out of the house.

The studio area was almost picked bare, but I spent $2.00 for these items - 


The Super Amber paper is lovely translucent stuff, and most of the sheet is there. Now to see if I can de-curve it! A small sheet got painted later in the day, and a few Hearts are sitting under a weight. We shall see what happens.

I'd not owned a painting knife this small. Now to play with some marks. And as I didn't own an old two-foot wooden ruler - well, I "had" to buy this one. Could have purchased another. Practiced self control.

Did spend one whole hour playing in Studio B this afternoon.  Paper and paint. Teabags and paint. The Oscar Peterson Trio was most excellent company.


                            They played better than I played.

This album was released in 1963. The music is still fresh. It makes me happy to "rescue" vintage record albums, and I have owned this piece for some years. It's exciting to know that people young and old are discovering and rediscovering the joys of placing a large vinyl disk onto a turntable - and trusting a sharp needle and some speakers to create sound from those tiny grooves cut into that disk.

Tomorrow will bring different studio adventures. And more choosing tunes. I have too many art supplies. And too many records. Life is pretty peachy for the moment.

I figure any future estate sale happening here promises to be at least interesting!

Fare-thee-well,
Sue




No comments: