Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Priorities



Sitting at Tin Bins in Stillwater, Minnesota.

So the bossa nova music is streaming in to brain from laptop headphones. I am both relaxed and grateful AND anxious and antsy.

TIME.

The lovely hike down the hill held green grass but no real hint at budding trees. It is late April. It is almost MAY. If Spring does come when will it squeeze its way between Winter and Summer? Seedlings and I want to know. I am not asking for a friend.

Anyway, I came here with backpack full of potential business/art/journaling possibilities. But first a visit to the restroom. There, on the loser lever where I never sit sat four dear friends. The Kaffeeklatsch that before I came down with mysterious affliction in late November of 2011 I'd been part of three times a week mornings from 8 A.M. till we got done talking. I am not kidding. For over fifteen years - and now over twenty. No one has aged. Children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren have grown up, moved away, gotten into trouble, done good.

So, priorities instantly changed. I pulled up a fifth chair and it was as time has not gone by. Yes, different problems, but still quilts being stitched, two people helping two others with their phones, talk of property taxes. Life.

We have nothing in pure common except coming together in now a number of difference coffee shops. And enjoying each others' company. And being there for each other. I have not held up my part of the agreement - ! In the olden days we did meet Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Blizzard or sunshine. Now it Wednesday only. But the commitment to meeting remains the same.

If you don't have a "table of pals" I seriously suggest hanging out in a cafe or coffee shop with tables and chairs close enough for people to "spy" on your doings, and you on theirs. We were all separate until we were together. Together has been lots more fun - most of the time - LOL!

Now it is time to unhook the lovely calming bossa nova and hike back to the house and the business still not done.

For now I am glad I chose friends over potential profits. Treasure comes in many ways.

For your entertainment pleasure I give you some very early bruins -
                                         Pals - 1998: 



Fare-thee-well,
Sue


No comments: