Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Better - 16


Visits to coffee shops almost always leave me "better." Today's hour or two, well... maybe a bit more than two... again did the deed.

My tinnitus head had been unceasingly "LOUD" the past three days. Yes, I take the little helpful pill, but it wasn't helping much. Yes, it was much my own fault. Eating far more salty and sugary treats than usual, plus a bit of bourbon... and perhaps a sip or two of real coffee. One forgets that a bit of one or another from time to time usually doesn't spike the "sound," but a weekend of too much feasting on the stuff seldom sampled... Well, lesson re-re-re-re-re-learned. Again. Sigh.

This morning the brain was pretty much my friend again - and just in time. There is always too much to do, but without energy and urge, well, heck, let's just dink around all day and accomplish the barest minimum. Sure, I'm good with that. For way to many hours this year.

Morning and noon-time passed well. Bills paid, emails mailed, even a load of laundry finished. Garden photographed - yay, garden! But no art created. And artists probably should spend a bit of time now and then actually creating something that might be called art.

Luckily, that magic red bag from IKEA that daughter Tara gave me for Christmas is big enough to carry a small but wide variety of art supplies. 

After three o'clock I knew it was time to to escape. Now or never. NOW! A small table at Stillwater's Daily Grind was open. I caught up on various newspaper sports pages, rigged the laptop up to play good soft jazz (headphones on), and dug out that stuff that some of us use to make our stuff.

Here are two of three little doings with Pentel Pocket Brush Pen and various washes with gouache.





Paper is "whiter" than shown on monitor. And I truly was goofing off. Daring to trust the brush pen. Had I done more, the lines would have become more sure. But time was speeding by. 

There was also time for two chats with two guys about a wide variety of topics. The men knew eachother, and one of them I'd met before. Or so he said. Each chat was interesting, and I learned things about young people and I learned things about Main Street Stillwater. Time well spent.

But now it's time to mat the drawings and keep preparing for our weekend in Green Bay, Wisconsin. My home state is always pulling at me, though hubby points out that I've lived in Minnesota far longer than I did in Cheeseland. Doesn't matter. Packer Backer forever and always. And always fun to drive past Lambeau Field a time or two during ArtStreet.

Sigh and darkness is falling. 
It's only 8 P.M. 
It's 8 P.M. already!

On to the adventure of the evening.

Fare-thee-well,
and ArtStreet - here we come!
- Sue

No comments: