Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Better - 22

Day Two at the State Fair has been postponed till later date.
If my feet could talk, they might be whispering, "Thank you."
Walked a small blister that I didn't notice until this morning.

Things I DIDN'T see yesterday:
1) cows
2) porkers
3) DNR pool of many fish
4) bunnies
5) Dairy Building with butter Princesses
6) The Coliseum
7) favorite craft beer/music place
8) the area where Heritage Square used to be
9) Education Building (kids' art is often better than big peoples' art)
10) Miracle of Birth barn
11) horses

So many reasons to return.

Yesterday I ate so many things I seldom eat these days - Sweet Martha's Cookies. Our family of four used to share a paper cone of these horribly lovely hot small chocolate chip cookies. Yesterday - just Todd and me. Way too much yummy sugar and gluten for my head. Was I done? HAHAHAHA

Bring on a slice of Green Mill pepperoni pizza, a little beer, onion rings, a little more beer. Tasty samples of wine slushes, spicy soups, maple syrup infused with bourbon (my FAV sample), little pretzels dipped into various dips, a quick Kemps ice cream sample as I didn't see the LONG LINE of people because we just came onto the sample tables from the other "short" side - haha and "I'm sorry, people in the "legal" line!" That ice cream was my second favorite sample. Oh, the Peace Coffee sample - always a fav.

Salt, sugar, gluten, alcohol, caffeine, strong spices. A Master List of what not to consume if you have tinnitus.

Oh, and a Swedish cookie - purchased by a pal. I wanted till coming home and making a lovely cup of tea before chomping that tasty few bites. Adding a bit of dark chocolate added to the pleasure - of yesterday.

Today's head is a ringing buzzing combo of cicadas and electricity -  good thing I know the cause. And can sort of smile as I type.

Maybe it's a good thing that Life is not aways Fair.

Fare-thee-well!
Two more tickets to go!
 - Sue




No comments: