Friday, August 25, 2017

Better - 18

We've lucked into a motel room in Green Bay  - on a Toby Keith Concert night. Yes, paying the big bucks - because, as a pattern of year continues, when info was given out by art fair committee I didn't book a motel closer to the art fair offered at a much more reasonable rate.

So it goes. As is life could be far worse. We could be dealing with Hurricane Harvey. We could be sitting in the the van - not having brought along an air mattress - just in case. 

A cup of de-caf coffee awaits. And a peanut butter on gluten-free bread sandwich. Todd opted for Kentucky Fried Chicken tonight. I am still trying to learn from last week's deep-fried and sugar/salt head adventure.

The Friday afternoon/evening of ArtStreet went well. The bands were good. The crowds were fine. Sales can always be "better," but they could have been far worse. I will not complain.

Weather - especially on Sunday, appears to be iffy. Art festival people always want to "Pack up dry." It is our audible wish to eachother on particular days. Sunday's forecasters are hedging their bets. So we are dealing with those 45 - 55 % chance of possible rain, and maybe some thunderstorms. But maybe not. Sigh, and we will find out. Still NOTHING like having to deal with Hurricane Harvey. I cannot imagine the effects of the amounts of rain being forecast. FEET of rain. Many feet of rain. Over a large area of Gulf.
Normal life will not be normal for quite a while. We will just have to dry a few things off. I will not complain.

On to an evening of cable TV. We have broadcast stations at home. Todd is in control of the clicker now. But I have a lovely laptop. WIFI, and good headphones. Silent LOL. I will not complain.

It's time to set the alarm for "early" on iPhone.
And to try relaxing on a lovely looking bed.
I was a maid at a Holiday Inn for years.
I will not think of TV reports about motel rooms.
For the time being - I will not complain.

(I HAVE complained from time to time about particular rooms. I wil not go into details. A few comped rooms in the past. Reasons. Lesson: Yes. Do speak up if a room is not up to your standards. The Hospitality Business is in the Business of offering Hospitality. You know if your room is not hospitable. Complain - but politely.)

On to the weekend's adventures!
Green Bay's ArtStreet.
Booth 164.
Some people visit here to be happy.
That's what they tell me.
The stuff in our booth makes them feel Better.
I will not complain.

No comments: