Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Better - 3

Acceptance/or not

Today's email held news that "The Girls in the Grass" didn't make final jurying into the Minnesota State Fair Fine Arts Competition.

This was a slightly more than slight blow as I'd become used to being booted at initial digital image stage.

Pal who helped me drop this year's piece at the fair said that she liked this work better than last year's painting. So, although I am aware that Anything Can Happen, I was at least optimistic. Alas. The sheep will be coming home to graze on another wall.

It WAS an experiment all along. The template for "Seth and the Girls" (accepted and SOLD at last year's fair) had been rolled up since last July. My little brain had an idea: just for the halibut do same scene in same size, but in different style - 

So that happened.

I am a tad sad that the herd will not be on the gallery walls, but I am not sad that I tried this experiement. Oddly, both hubby and friend said that they preferred this second painting to the much-more finessed first.

So it goes.
I wasn't "good" this early morning.
I am "better" now.

Fare-thee-well,
Sue Rowe

(And still No. 1 ["We're Number one! We're Number One!" sigh] on wait list for Powderhorn Art Fair this coming weekend, though am eyeing options for rare free Summer weekend. One must almost always appreciate one's options.)

**Just notified that we are IN Powderhorn - Yippee! But probably won't be in our usual spot.  Now to cross paws for good weather through packing up... No, I will not be "greedy" about Luck. Minneapolis, here we come!

********************
Upcoming events:
Thursday night, Aug. 3rd: Phipps Center for the Arts - Hudson, WI. Two improv drawing sets. One at regular Members' Show Opening - 6-8 PM. Second at ticketed Members Bash: 8 - 10 PM  (Tickets are 15.00/20.00 - contact Phipps for more information. Adult beverages and finger food will be available at later doings.) 
My Members' Bash set is scheduled for 8:20. Now to see which Sue Rowe shows up - eek! (Yes, there still is the Bashful Shrinking Sue inside loud flailing-arms Sue... really.)

Aug. 12: Bright Beach Art Festival - Duluth, MN
Aug. 25 - 28: Artstreet - Green Bay, WI
********************
www.suerowe.com
Facebook Page: Sue-Rowe-Studios

No comments: