Monday, August 14, 2017

Better - 8

Posting every three days will not get me to where I want to go. Well, truth to tell, I'm not going to do the math to see if the above statement is true. So it goes.

Here is a squirrel from a couple years back.


Chillin' Squirrel

This chair used to be bright red. it is now mostly pale sort of washed-out pink. Except for area under dark pillow. Such is the power of our I-have-mixed-emotions local star.

Solar eclipse? We will stay here - probably looking at the ground for shadows cast by tree leaves. I will remember warnings to not look directly at welding arcs and sparks created by various uncles repairing farm machinery. Bright light? Uh, yes, my little self had to look. Though it was across the large farm driveway  - from house to barn. the lure of Light is strong with me. And the odder the light the better. So my heart will travel will folks heading for Totality Path, but my head will appreciate whatever darkness and mystery we will have here in Minnesota's metro suburbs. My thoughts are to the people who may have purchased sham eclipse glasses. My eyes are "bad." I treasure sight. And would want no harm to come to anyone trying to view the eclipse directly - through the special lens made for the job. Dang. This makes me think of "humans" again. (I look sideways out to purple phlox in terrace garden. I don't like thinking about humans right now.)

Anyway - back to cleaning a few more spaces. Yes, I am "better" when spaces are cleaner. And life is easier. This does not mean I keep up the discipline. I do not. There are lots of discipline balls in the air here. And discipline plates spinning. It's time to get back to the discipline of little boxes and plans. This year has not been the best planned. This has been a year, so far, of much "wandering." It's hard to wander and spin plates at the same time. It's time to get back to the practice of spinning plates. I have to make difficult choiced on the plates I want to spin. Iwant to spin ALL of the lovely life plates. Can't. The Ed Sullivan Studio could not hold all of the rods for all of the plates I'd like to spin. 

Well - THAT was an interesting paragraph. I WANT to be the squirrel - resting, yet alert.

Hello, sneaky sunshine, again, today.

On to the Grand Adventures of the Everyday.
Let's go have 'em!

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

No comments: