Monday, March 29, 2010

Philosopher


This acrylic bruin was part of a threesome based on the same head template design. Amazingly, and from no particular plan, the bears are such individuals that they appear completely unrelated. One is small of eye and personality, one I consider a "business" bear, and this one has always been called The Philosopher. Sold some years ago he is one of the ones I sort of miss from time to time.

I don't think bears can read, but if they could they might enjoy pawing through a copy of HOW PHILOSOPHY CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE, by Marietta McCarty. Published in 2009, this lovely little paperback holds many tons of solid ideas and has kept me from putting in the solid hours with pastels in trade for lounging too long in the recliner while sipping tea and packing the brain with words. I'm sure new bears will come from Marietta's chapters. I don't know if they will be dealing with all her "big ideas" but they will be sure to reflect those of Simplicity, Possibility, and Joy. Flexibility, too, is a given!

Time to get away from the alphabet for a while and head off to the world of colors and shapes.

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

No comments: