Thursday, June 17, 2010

Big Storm Coming

Greetings -
No photos for now. Just the reporting of grey and windy and some folks Up North dealing with Grapefruit-sized Hail. I do not want to know that there can be grapefruit-sized hail..... The tomato plants have their metal frames around them. The delphinium and foxgloves will have to fend for themselves. Good Luck Flowers!!!

We had a delightful time in Grand Forks, ND at that city's lovely art festival. I got to be one of the Artists in Action so was located in a row of permanent little structures on one side of the park. Near the music and close to the food, and with "civilized" restroom facilities nearby. We artists did two-hour stints of demonstrating. I worked on three bear pastels, and one celebrating guinea pigs!
I didn't bring along my favorite pastels so will finish the pieces at home.

This weekend (June 19 - 20) holds The Stone Arch Art Festival in Minneapolis, MN. I do not want to deal a weekend weather adventure. Stone Arch has had it's share of whole displays going bye-bye... But it is a beautiful show, with wonderful work. We will be in Father Hennipin Park again. The main street area might get more folks but I enjoy meeting the strollers along the paths. We will bring along our first wax of the Larry Bear sculpture. He's wildly golden-furred, thanks to Rub-N-Buff, but his funky personality shines through even that. We plan to do him in ceramic and see what happens. Two-dimensional bears are yearning to be three!

The longer I type the closer the storm, and as I'm the nervous storm type, just ask my sister...., it's time to unplug this and go watch the interesting skies!

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

No comments: