Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Deal With Miranda: 1/7/03


This drawing has been pinned/not pinned on my bulletin board since January 7th, 2003......

At the top it reads: The Deal With Miranda

Under the drawing it reads:
"Here's the deal," said old Miranda.
"You need pushin' & I need a job.
"I will make a list each day and
you will follow through. If your
brain puts up resistance remember
I'm a bear. A bored old bear
ready to make trouble. So if you
don't want trouble just start
workin' down my lists."

I keep forgetting the deal these days. I'll do it later today, tomorrow, next week, next year, maybe I won't do it. Whatever it is.....

This is not good for life or business. And I don't want trouble. I would like to feel well. I would like to have twice as much energy. I would like to feel up to The Task. Whine. Bitch. Moan. Yes, I realize that Miranda is not real, but I also know that she is watching and listening. And lately I have not been living up to my end of the deal.

So, on to pulling up our bootstraps, buckling on our spurs, and getting back on our perky ponies. Or maybe not. Maybe tomorrow. These slippers feel darned good right now.

No. No. Have a little lunch and get on to the finishing of the other pastel. Listen..... Miranda's growling low.....

Use what you need to get on with your day. I have a bear we can share!
Fare-thee-well,
Sue

P.S.: Lenten sacrifice/challenge: a book a day shall go away. And I have to Give Up Worrying (again).

No comments: