Thursday, February 13, 2014

Mr. Bossypants

Just a quick something that happened because:

* Daughter has friend with house bunny.
* Daughter photographs rabbit and gave me all of the pix.
* One day I "need" to drawing something that isn't a bear.
* This toned charcoal/pastel paper is just sitting there waiting to be used.
* The backside image of bunny is most intriguing.
* Grid ratio on ruler works great with paper size.


* The bag of Prismacolor colored pencils is near at hand.
* I allow myself large chunks of a couple days to "play" with this bunny.
* Comments on posts of progress on Facebook help cheer me along.
* The more I look at photograph the more detail becomes apparent.
* I decid to play with a large variety of warm and cool colors, while staying true to fur color.
* The mirror image helps in changing outline just a tad.
* Bunny becomes more and more "alive" as pencil stroke layers grow and grow.
* At last I had to decide "just fifteen more minutes" - or the piece would still be thought unfinished.
* Even after he is done..... I have to tweak the drawing just a little more.....
* And I do regret slightly that bit of Indigo Blue near the top - a color I'd thought fitting when first layed down... Oh well. Lesson learned.

So, now..... introducing "Mr. Bossypants"!!!
Backside.

Tomorrow, it's back to the bears.

Every once in a while, or much oftener if possible, dare to try something different - Yes, hop to it! Time to rabbit up tonight. (sorry....)

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

No comments: