Saturday, April 26, 2014

Post Pre-Earth Day Doings - "Spring Again!"

Part the First: Recently for my Facebook Page 30 Bear Challenge I sort of cheated? Well, not in the finished work, but in the finding a started bruin in the studio. Among MANY MANY starts... But this one whispered "Pick ME. Finish MEEEEE....?" So I did my best.

Here is how it went - in three "easy" steps: 1) choose bear, 2) decide to use gouache (an additional challenge as it's stuff I seldom play with), 3) find a suitable something to squeeze paint unto (yay for a magic pantry of seldom-used stuff to put paint on!), 4) squeeze out paint, 5) choose brushes, 6) dare to paint.

O.K., that's six steps, but really six is pretty close to three when it comes to this project.


Although these paints are not the highest quality of gouache, they were in my price-range, and are fine for my purposes.

And the brushes used were of average quality. I squeezed out eight quite basic colors, and FOUND White later. White had ben used for a task earlier. I am not always great at putting things back where they live. Always A Life Lesson: Put Stuff Back Quickly and Regularly.

So we are up to Step 5 already. Wasn't that easy?

The hard part?
Waiting for Part the Second.

"Soon. Very soon." - (an inside family semi-joke.)
Yup. Soon.

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

No comments: