Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Fuzzy

This is not a post about Warm and Fuzzy. It is going to at least start out about being Flawed and yet Somehow O.K. And will end up were it does.

Last week I set some peanut butter out for whoever got to it first. Tara and I eat only almond butter these days (health reasons), Todd eats Skippy from grocery stores. We found some out-dated, opened stuff in box from a storage locker buy and didn't feel urge to finish it. But, re-use recycle - put some in feeders and other places out doors and see what happens.

This is one thing that happened:


This crow wasn't messing around. Grabs large clump of drying peanut butter, pauses a moment, and flies off. To make toast? Find a cracker? Mysteries remain.

Yes, it's a "bad" photo. Yes, I've taken many focused photos of "our" crows. But when it came to possibly deleting this one.....  I still can not. There are enough story lines here to keep my little brain entertained and enough abstract crow shape and color to keep my eye entertained. You will make your decisions about the image. That is how life should be. I will not waste time defending this picture as a "good" picture. But it is good enough for me. At least for now. That is what is important. Feel secure enough to make your own value judgements - regardless of popular views, regardless of topics.

This can be difficult to do. I love the movie, "Animal House." During college days a friend and I went to see it. The dead horse scene sent me into hysterics. Friend was not amused - at all. Perhaps because I'd dealt with actual  deaths of ponies and horses, as well as a number of other animals (farm family...), and had gone through all the many emotions that go along with these experiences, for some reason I found the "Animal House" doings truly FUNNY - in a "hey, this is a film that is a COMEDY" way. In a horrible way - but Funny, none-the-less. We walked out of the theater writing completely different reviews in our heads. We'd made our judgements - and were true to our selves.

We make judgements all the time, every day. This crow judged this peanut butter Fine and Dandy, and came back for more later.

It's time to quit typing and get on with a walk. The brain has to de-fuzz. We have an art fair in Grand Forks, North Dakota this weekend. I am not prepared. But am trying to be O.K. in a Zen way. My sister's attitude is most often: Things are the way because that's the way they are supposed to be.

I'm not quite there yet. Strive and Lazy are my personal Yin Yang. Too many ideas, plans. Too much time spend on Facebook or sorting things that might not be Priority One sortings. And always judging and then forgetting to judge (prioritize). Yup, this brain is one weird glob of dried out and/or too oily nut butter. Hoping that a crow won't be picking at it soon.

"We find what we expect to find, and we receive what we ask for." - Elbert Hubbard

And on to we all doing something today worth crowing about!

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

No comments: