Wednesday, May 13, 2015

This and That

The days are again hinting at Spring. Compared to the past two years our April and May have been almost balmy and snow-free, but lately lots of windy grey damp and dreary days are laying the spirit low.

Baby basils and tomatoes are doing their best to raise up my low soul. Weeding and raking in the vegetable garden help, too. And today I type while looking out at BLUE skies. blue skies are not to be taken for granted, nor are the mild, wild-weather-free weeks our part of the Upper Midwest is experiencing. Thoughts and prayers go out world-wide to the folks dealing with weather conditions way beyond their control. Mother Nature is often cruel and humbling. "No wire hangers!" "No thinking you're free from earthquakes (blizzards, flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc, etc.)!"

Maybe this why the latest "goofing off" pastel is called "Dancing in Edges." Our days can seem to be as smooth as glass, when, CRACK, all underfoot is splinters and shards.

Decision time. I, of course, step baby step by baby steps through the sharp edges, wishing I had steel-toed boots on. Others say ,"Woo hoo! Time to dare cavorting in the beauty of the cracks, refelctions, and refractions!"

     
  "Dancing in Edges" (work in progress - but almost finished)

I often ask my bears to do what I dare not. Dancing bits of chalk across some Canson paper is so much easier than trusting that my own arms and legs might  find some sense in musical space.

It IS odd that a person can be BRAVE in many instances,  yet totally insecure in others. I chalk it up (haha) to Human Nature, and though I have tried for years to understand the Brave versus Fear I have yet to crack this code. If any body has a clue, feel free to type!

I will go bravely and wimpily on - and, No, not doing the Best that I can do. A major flaw in personality. But fumbling forward and groping and stumbling. Not giving up, but not feeling much forward progress. Dreaming Tiny Dreams, or no dreams at all.

Weird. Yup. But aware of the weirdness.

Thanks for letting me ramble. It's time to get back to filling greeting card orders,  and, perhaps, dotting a few more spots on the above piece.

If I knew who I was perhaps I'd know what to do. Lalalalalalala.

On to the second half of May, 2015.

Good Luck with yours! If you see somebody muddling through the month, that muddler might be me!

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

www.suerowe.com
Facebook Page: Sue-Rowe-Studios






No comments: