Wednesday, July 6, 2016

100 Days - 100 Dreams: 14


I So Often Forget to Dream

Maybe because I like my life - mostly?
Maybe because I've done many of the things I dreamed of doing?
Maybe because I'm afraid to head down new scary paths?

Does it matter?

To me the world remains a confusing bunch of doings. Just when I think I know the direction something will take it ZIGS, ZAGS, or disappears. Leaves one almost content to simply survive.

But because we are fortunate enough to live in a land where simply surviving should be almost taken for granted I think we should strive a wee tad more. I am a bad person as far as taking my own advice. "So it goes."

New adventure, bear-wise!!! 



I might get gutty enough to dream of doing 100 of these little 2" x 2" canvases. Or maybe some done on 2" x 2" papers or other supports. Five have been offered for sale. These five have been purchased! Thank you, Customers! 

The ones shown here are all done in acrylics. There is a small crew started in oils. I have many art supplies. Enough for thousands of "bearlets" - as one fan calls them. And as each is an individual this allows me to play with color and form in as many ways as there are people... I mean bears. 

Here my husband and I had been talking about working BIGGER, and then these happened! I am happy with these happening. I can pretend that I'm a jeweler again. I think of these small paintings as jewels. Small bits of color that might make one feel a feeling. Pieces big enough to display separately. Pieces small enough to make up a variety of groups. Bigger - you are going to have to wait.




Maybe I CAN dream again. About at least one hundred individuals. That's a bunch of bears with a whole bunch of dreams. These seven are a start.

But now... I have to go think about Sheep. No, not about dreaming, though... I sort of dream that these sheep will get accepted into the Minnesota State Fair Fine Arts Show. This is a big fuzzy DREAM, I guess.

I blither, therefore I am.

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

www.suerowe.com
Facebook Page: Sue-Rowe-Studios

Shows coming up: 
On Wait List for Grand Marais - check FB Page for current status.
July 15: Stockholm, WI
Late July: Ely Blueberry Fest

No comments: