Sunday, July 23, 2017

Books


I must meet The Challenge.
I must meet The Challenge.
I must meet The Challenge.

So neglecting to post is not working toward The Goal.
**********************
A bookstore in town is going out of business...

So I had to buy some books.
These are are the ones I bought today. A signed first edition of "Born to Trot." Yes, we already probably have a first edition, but I don't know if it is signed. No, I've never SEEN a Keeneland Sales catalog. Yes, there are grandkids of Man O' War in these.



I paid for these at about 4:50 P.M. The closing of the door was at 5 P.M. Someone has purchased the remaining inventory.

After today the bookstore will be a tee shirt store. 

I will mourn the passing of yet another bookstore in Stillwater. We WERE named America's Booktown once upon a time. The fancy dude from England came over to proclaim this thing. But that was about five bookstores ago. We are lucky enough to still have two. And the antique shops have numerous tomes. But stores with books are not the same as book stores.

And this was just part of today's grand adventures. It was one of those days that could hardly hold any more day-ness. You know'em when you have 'em.

And a pal and I might try for another Day-y Day tomorrow.
So, Goodnight. I am more than tired. And a wee bit cranky. Reasons. But soft jazz is softening up my soul, and life will be O.K.

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

No comments: