Friday, August 1, 2014

Speed Blogging - 1

No, this is NOT how one SHOULD write, but it IS how stuff is getting typed today.

I want to blog. I have "no time" to blog. Today I am giving me ten minutes - on to them!


This Summer, such as it is, our local art center, ArtReach has been holding open it's doors for extended hours on Thursdays. I have been busy and so have missed all so far. Last night I forced myself to go there from about 7- 8 PM. It was a night of poets reading their work.  Four of them. I got in on part of 3rd and all of 4th. And am sorry now that I didn't get to hear the others.

There was a chair in the back and I sat next to a guy in a blue and white striped shirt. I did not know that he was Matt Rasmussen, the final reader of the night. His collection of poetry, book title I now cannot recall, dealt completely with work connected to his brother's suicide by gun. Poems were made of short lines but held much power. Small things like changing voice recording on family phone - once his brother's voice, now his - at father's request.

One minute to go -

We will be Booth 89 at Powderhorn Part Art Fair in Minneapolis this weekend. And soon the Chimes will start. Seventeen seconds , and ten, and five. I've blogged today. Sadly, Matt's brother cannot do the same.

Fare-thee-well,
Sue
FB Page: Sue-Rowe-Studios

No comments: