Sunday, February 7, 2016

Another Day - Another Hour

I think I remember being "Calm." But maybe not. There were times I thought I was as mellow as I get only to be told by another that I looked Tense, or that I should Relax. (No, not suggested by Aaron Rodgers - haha.)

Zen mantras help, other personal sentences I repeat through the years help. If I could afford a full-time massage-therapist - well, THAT would help lots. Exercise helps. And yet the brain and body tend to want to shift into high gear by default.

So... I drew this:


It's not a demand. It is a Gentle Suggestion. A Gift to Oneself. Soft jazz might be companion. Or a really boring movie. Or a moderately-interesting book. Or a meandering walk. NOT a forced march sort of hike. A.... well let's stop and look at that.... and that..... and yes, we have time for this stop, too. Maybe see how long you may enjoy one cup of excellent tea. That sort of thing.

The 50th Super Bowl will be played soon. I will be rooting for A Good and Safe Game. And though I have no personal team for which to cheer on, know that the brain will not be calm.

So it's time to sneak off, listen to some quiet jazz, and perhaps draw a few somethings. Nothing with spikes or fire or sharp edges. Wish me luck!

Find some time to enjoy some Calm.

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

www.suerowe.com
Facebook Page: Sue-Rowe-Studios

No comments: