Thursday, March 2, 2017

New Month - New Challenges


Greetings on this March 2nd evening - on the day I found out the deadlines for three art fairs I usually do were March 1st. Yup - that kind of day. Luckily, at least two art fair managers are being kind and letting me apply "late." But am still unsure of the third. 
It is my "fault." Early in the year I usually make a nicely organized chart as to show dates, deadlines, etc, etc. Not this year. Illness, not-caring, laziness, being busy with other things... mucked up Reality. Today Reality knocked me on my head. Reality will do that from time to time.

*******************

It's a good thing Reality can also be Fun.

Recently I started goofing off with some some goodies: large card stock tags

I am not usually a fan of these sorts of things. However, a goodly-sized box of them was too cheap to not buy at a sale sometime last year. Some of you understand....

NOW I am a Fan!!

For no good reason except that they were there, I grabbed five or six, a handful of markers, and started playing. NO RULES. WHATEVER HAPPENED. This happened:


If some text is a bit shaky it is because it was drawn while I was also walking laps through the house. Exercise and a sort of Art. Win - Win.

As I touched each tag I let it tell me what it wanted on it - or what reminding it knew I needed. I need SO much reminding....

Here are the other sides - finished and not:


They are attached together by means of a simple round metal clasp, and can be easily rearranged.

I no longer disrespect the humble tag. And am looking forward to discovering what new/old advice the next batch will hold. If you need a new Challenge maybe give a few tags a try!

********************************

Another Personal Challenge is two-fold: this month I am challenging myself to be both more Generous and Brave. I am setting the bar quite low for starters. Phone calls and flicking acrylic paint in new ways (for me) counted toward the "Brave." I told you I set the bar LOW.  "Generous" was donating magazines and books to a local Free Little Library and donating tea bags to the Our Community Kitchen crew.

Now to see what tomorrow brings and/or holds.
I know it holds more art fair applications.
These should beat their deadlines.
Should...

It's a challenge.

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

www.suerowe.com
Facebook Page: Sue-Rowe-Studios

No comments: