Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Posting

Seth Godin says that it is good practice to post every day.
I have no actual thoughts tonight.

A few things accomplished today:

1) One hour cleaning bedroom closet. Sorted the Pendleton shirts, Hawaiian shirts, Green Bay Packers stuff. Made pile for Goodwill. No, not of any of the above! But a goodly pile, nonetheless. Four books were removed. One is in a Little Free Library already. 

A number of my journals are in this closet. I found one from the early 1980's. Some of the paragraphs will be used in a future blog. Words I totally forgotten I had scribbled, but words I'm glad I found.

2) More work in garden. Removing tomato and buttercup squash vines. Putting out more sunflower seeds on an overturned bucket. And getting within two feet of a chickadee coming to feed. A Personal Goal might be to get one of these perky birds to eat out of my hand before Spring. 

3) Baking squash in order to freeze it. Frozen squash is a nice treasure to have close at hand for winter meals. If Todd wants spaghetti pasta, mostly-gluten-free-me simply thaws and heats squash to use with my share of the marinara sauce!

Back to watching "Viet Nam" on public television. It is a hard watch, but far less difficult than to have lived the actual doing. Life lessons are everywhere, though many are learned too late.

Fare-thee-well,
Sigh - 
Sue

No comments: