Monday, January 14, 2013

Desk and Journals - 3

Wow.
Today I heard a doctor say something I never thought I'd hear a doctor say. It was concerning being able to see my heart beat in my chest. "You are a thin person," she said. Not that this stops the constant ringing buzzing in my head - but some days ya take what you can get. And she also said, "Your heart is really good." Yup. So here goes Appreciating my Really Good Heart constantly rattling in my skull. Ye ha!

On to other stuff. Also thinner are the widths of paper piles on and in The Desk. Hooray for Recycling. And putting things in more proper places.

One half of shelf section is almost paper-free. Whee?!? How are your piles and stacks doing? Just asking.


There is even less a papered area now. Several non-current receipt books have found their way to an Old Business part of the house, and some quotes on scraps have been written in journals. It's hard for me to toss an original scrap, but it seems that the more one tosses the easier tossing becomes. Whew.

My newest audio-visual treat is "Downton Abbey" on Netflix. Still working through Season One. Stitched a small journal while semi-paying-attention to current episode. I don't care about following every little detail of the series, so can follow along well enough to multi-task a bit.

A minor miracle of Junk Drawer doings: Tyler needed card-stock strips for a piece of full-sized body armor he's making. Yes, paper body armor. Man-sized. Anyway, in the Paper Drawer were many many many strips of card-stock - saved from greeting card adventures. Here ya go, Tyler Lad, and thanks for asking! One STILL cannot tell that we have removed any paper from that drawer........ It's like the magic porridge pot that keeps filling up on it's own. I am not even smiling as I type this.

For a change of pace - here's a cranky bossy bear that came alive during Tara and my latest visit to The Bikery. (Pre-last-Saturday's-Green-Bay-Packers loss....) I was playing with the Pentel Pocket Brush Pen. Finally getting somewhat comfortable using it. I don't know who she is - but I did get the message.


Simply - MAKE A DIFFERENCE. You know how best in your world. I'm still figuring how best in mine.

Now it's time to send some greeting cards and magnets to Stone Fern Gallery in scenic Stockholm, Wisconsin. Then maybe pick up a pastel stick and make a few marks. you'd be surprised at how infrequently that gets done lately. No excuse. The stuff is sitting on the studio table. "Pick me!" "Oh, please pick me! You know how much you like Orange..." "What about me?" "Are you ignoring ME for a reason???" Scary when art supplies start speaking to a person.

On to the ringy chingy day. On to putting that Good Heart to better use.

Oh, and we still love you, Green Bay Packers.

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

No comments: