Sunday, January 1, 2017

Made a Deal with Myself - 1/1/17



Yes, I made a deal with myself about blogging in 2017. No, I am not going to type what it is, but I will stand accountable on last day of this year.

Personal Challenge for January is to learn more about poets and poetry. Several days ago I requested favorite works from Facebook Friends. Oh, the wide range of works/writers threaded their way onto post. Thank you, one and all! Many writers I was familiar with; others were/are a complete mystery to me.

This early morning found me exploring the world of Don Marquis' Archy and Mehitabel. Years ago I tried to care about the cockroach and alley cat, but could not read the words in the spirit in which they were written. Today I found a number of readings on YouTube, including ones by Neil Gaiman and Sam Waterston. Indeed, Mr. Waterson's recitation of "archy interviews a pharaoh" was quite delightful!

Now that I have a different outlook on the pair - well, the library is just down the hill, and I plan to check out one or more of the Archy and Mehitabel books.

Thank you, Teresa Rogers, for your recent suggestion. And on to the reading adventures the rest of the month!

And maybe I will attempt the drawing of a kitty and a cockroach? A person needs a challenge every now and then.

Fare-the-well,
Sue
www.suerowe.com
Facebook Page: Sue-Rowe-Studios

No comments: