Saturday, January 14, 2017

Pastels - But Thinking of Peotry


Today's adventure is a Paint-In at our January meeting of The Lake Country Pastel Society. Our meetings are held at the New Brighton (MN) Community Center - a well-used rowdy space - but with quiet meeting rooms on the second level.

It is just the right distance away - not near enough to know one can just swing everything in the van in a moment and be there, but not so far away as to make an excuse not to go. A Medium Time to Think drive. And I have to go - because powers that be have asked me to do a demo.

I think I know what I will demonstrate - or have it down to two or three options: cross-hatching, using hard stick pastels, or just grabbing a piece of velour mat board and creating a bear head from nothing.

This in-progress guy is coming along:


He was a start a couple years ago, showed promise, but was added to the piles and stack for "later." Later is now. After enjoying the time creating the large cross-hatched sheep painting, "Seth and the Girls," I figure - you can't make this piece worse - give cross-hatching a chance. So far I am pleased with the direction it's going. And I never really know the direction my work is going to take. The folks at the meeting are going to find this out....

And because Poetry is still on the tiny mind, I might brave the asking members about THEIR favorite poets and poems. One can't have a "normal" ""usual" sort of demo. And we might all learn another thing about art.

Fare-thee-well,
Sue The Finally-Got-to-See-The- Luther-Exhibit
**************

www.suerowe.com
Facebook Page: Sue-Rowe-Studios

No comments: