Sunday, November 5, 2017

Stuff - Nov. 5th

The November Ridding Self of Stuff number stands at 35.

No, you cannot tell anything is gone. But I can. Because now I know how dusty parts of the CD collection are. And some music I can part with. And some music I cannot. Yet. 

Simply the considering of Stay Or Go exercises the brain in the out-of-rut way we need from time to time. The "oh, I  didn't know we owned this." The "well, I liked this at the time, but but enough  to keep it now." The "I remember not owning any CDs because I just liked records (I still have to sort through records....)."

We shall not speak of letting go of books yet this go round. Though we have removed boxes of books in the past. Music can be had in many forms. Radio, on-line, humming. But books.... Books are my semi-cigarettes. I should be reading instead of typing. If read, at least a book can be considered for a Little Free Library. But the potential learning still on the shelf... (my stuff is almost all non-fiction), well, there's "Endurance," and "Rodin on Art" ( yes. I know there are you Rodin dislikers out there, but I still want to see what he says), and "The Findhorn Garden." And many others. The library here is only of medium size, but I do not bring home books lightly. Still, we always know there are "too many."

Now it's time to set back the clocks, listen to "On Being" on a public station, and see what adventures the day brings. Oh, that it would bring Sunshine, but that is a thing removed from our world here in this part of Minnesota.

It was 6 A.M. (to me) an hour ago - and now it is "really" 6 A.M.
Too much stuff? Not enough? Just enough? Perception is a tricky thing. We have to consider even our thoughts and judge them after thinking. Good Luck!

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

No comments: