Sunday, November 26, 2017

To Read, or Not to Read

Darned Books...

Just four of the books sitting mostly unread - just to my left - on endtable here in the living room:

1) "Inner Simplicity -  100 Ways to Regain Peace and Nourish Your Soul" - Elaine St. James

2) "Memories, Dreams, Reflections" - C. G. Jung

3) "How Can I Help? Stories and Reflections on Service" - Ram Dass and Paul Gorman

4) "Dime Store Alchemy - The Art of Joseph Cornell" - Charles Simic

Three of these were free for the taking, from a fellow artist. A group I am part of was visiting her studio two months ago. She had placed a goodly number of books culled from her library onto a side table. I tried not to be greedy. I did take more than three.

There were more than enough for all of us who "needed" new old books. By and by, I WILL pay attention to the ones I chose. And with so many Little Free Libraries here in Stillwater, Minnesota - many within walking distance, I will most likely cull some of own collection to make room for the newcomers.

Books.....

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

No comments: