Sunday, July 5, 2015

No-Art-Fair 4th - Eek!

July 5th, 2015.

We survived not doing an art fair or flea-market on July 4th! I am so used to loading a vehicle on July 2nd or 3rd and then heading somewhere in wee morning hours of that date that I knew we could not "waste" this rare weekend summer day.

Husband and I often have different thoughts on what constitutes a good way to spend a day, that on the morning of July 4th we agreed (!) to head about thirty miles north of Stillwater and explore a bit of Interstate State Park. The park's website stated that parking would be at a premium during the holiday, but arriving at approximately 9:30 A.M. we had no problem finding a space. A day pass was $5.00, and after using the Self-Pay kiosk we joined the folks already walking and climbing among the rocks. 

Knowing that I would want to document the day I made sure my "good" digital camera was fully charged. I love the iPhone, but wanted lots of "room" in case it was needed. About half-way to our destination, yup, I realized camera was still home hooked to charger. O.K., little iPhone, it's up to you.

Because there are so many images already in phone (yes, I know they have to be moved somewhere else) I chose my photos carefully. Sometimes this is a good discipline. And, yes, I trashed a few along the route. But I was pleased with the pictures I shot and know that I WILL be back - next time with another camera!

 Here is just one image from the day:



Will write later about the geography and a little history of this place. But so enjoyed being with these ancient geological beauties for the first time.

It won't be the last!

And this next weekend holds Grand Marais - one of our favorite art festivals. Life is pretty good.

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

www.suerowe.com
Facebook Page: Sue-Rowe-Sudios

No comments: