Friday, June 30, 2017

100 Happy Bears - Done and Done

Am sitting back in The Daily Grind.
Got some free plants for the garden from the co-op. Journaled Three Morning Pages - no, not immediately after waking up - as is the prompt. But a few hours later - when a few things had been accomplished, but not yet enough.

I scribble to calm the brain - and to note the times - and to see what I might be thinking.

Here are the last three Happy Bears - 



Gouache on smooth watercolor paper. Able to be matted to a 5" x 7" windowed mat. I put down three light washes, grabbed a STAEDTLER 0.05 pigment liner, and started in from the left. One never knows who is in a pen or marker. And I didn't know if the colors would bleed into each other. This combination worked very well. I will do more work in this way.

Now it is time to leave the safe bubble of a local coffee shop. I've been here about two hours. Through combination of a little internets music, a peek at Facebook, scribbling in  a cheap notebook, and typing on an expensive MacBook the brain is almost calm and ready to hit the road.

June's Personal Challenge has been met. Yippee! I am a bit happier - if only for being forced to "think Happy." Seeing the resulting bruins BEING joyful did make me smile at times. And social media comments by others helped lift the mood. 

I am sad that June is over, our days are getting shorter, and that summer is almost at an end. (Yes, I am a perverse individual.) But I have a little more hope for the future. Any is more than none - haha. And the garden needs me. Or I need the garden. Sunflowers are giving hope. Fennel and dill are waiting to help make butterflies. Pots and other containers remain unfilled. The hammock is still in the garden shed... But sunshine is warming the back. More hope and happy.

On to last-minute prepping for the Shell Lake (WI) Art Fair tomorrow. A one day show before a series of full weekend festivals. and the one day Stockholm, Wisconsin Art Festival. That planned zipping down to Breyerfest in Lexington, Kentucky FOR ONE DAY, in between art festivals is still in the hoped-for plans.
Todd said,"We haven't done anything crazy yet this year." That adventure is kind of crazy.

So, do something crazy. Do something that will make you happy. 
And may your holiday weekend go as you choose.

Fare-thee-well,
Sue Rowe

No comments: