Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Cheating/Catching Up - 1


This is the first/third post today. The Personal Challenge of 200 Blog Posts will not be met if the fingers don't make contact with the keyboard. And I was making excuses to not type these recent days. It doesn't take much: too tired, don't feel like it, I'll do two tomorrow, really. Nope. So today's coffee shop doings - thanks, 2.00 de-caf, is posting three pieces. And in reverse order - so this is the last to be typed but the first to be seen - at least I'm guessing this will be so.

As will be bitched out in later/earlier post The Tinnitus is Strong With This One today. After a half-hour of decent tennis, after some actual studio work and breakfast, I was of the no energy/ambition. The Plan this year was to have Double Energy/Ambition. Really. So when the drags drag I am both uncaring and an unhappy camper. (Brains are interesting.)

Eventually, I knew that creating a something had to be done. Pastels have been ignored of late. So it was time to see what might happen if some pencils and a few miscellaneous chunks of soft of pastel in a plastic cover were put to use. Studio B yielded up a small piece of velour mat board and it was time to start.

First, I did something I seldom do - tape off a border around the board. I felt the need for bit of strict space around whatever was going to happen. O.K? What's going to happen?

A bear in a space. A lovely smiling flowery bear - in space. A white and yellow space. I started her at home. Took her along to McDonald's. Todd was kind enough to order unsalted fries so I had some. And tea from home. (I'm cheap.)A lady saying, "I like art" liked her! Thanks, lady! But there wasn't time to finish her there, so back home we came.

A few more minutes and another Happy Bear appeared.


Her taped border is still intact. Friends on Facebook "Like" her. And have given suggestions for other such bruins. Art can be easier when others make good suggestions...

So she will get a title, and she has given me some hope. 
We need more hope on a day like today...

Now the three posts are finished, and I will go home to see if anyone shows up tonight to play with art supplies or just talk about life.

(1/3 and 3/1)
Fare-thee-well,
Sue the Catcher Upper


No comments: