Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Gentleness



Today's word for Jen Morris' Deliberate December is Gentleness.

Sometimes I think many of us have forgotten what "gentleness" means. No, I do not have the ambition to look up some definitions tonight. 
My head hurts and there is too much to do and it's dark outside at quarter after eight. I have forgotten Summer. 

Bitch  bitch. Moan moan. Not from innermost core. But from shallow surface, and just below.

Time for a bit of Gentleness...
If only we had cats?
 Hahaha.

We DO have wool bankets. And soft pillows.
I could pour a bit of bourbon into a cup of hot cocoa. And add a dollop of whip cream. (Tinnitus is yowling that this might not be a good idea in my case - but it might be a Wonderful Idea for you.)

Gentle music is pouring lightly from laptop through headphones into ears. Breathing is regular and calm. Too bad I blew out the candle that had been burning all day. I sure would like to sleep. Not yet. There are sentences to type.

A little about daring to be gentle:
I learned many years ago that roughing oneself up never helps, and just adds to the inner bruises one might already have from outside sources.

So - a good solid practice is to be gentle with oneself. To appreciate the parts of us that still work. To try actually liking the person we have grown up to be. Much flawed or nearing perfection. Whoever the person is we are. Now. 

And to move gently toward the person we may still want to become. Stretching... stretching... With effort, but not strain.

Like those sometimes-gentle-but-not-always-gentle magical creatures some call cats? Stretch. Relax. Stretch. Relax.
"R-e-l-a-x" - Aaron Rodgers. (Oh, yes, Aaron Rodgers is cleared to play for the Green Bay Packers against the Charlotte Panthers this Sunday, but I digress.)


Now - back to the bruins for a little while; then gently on to whatever the rest of the evening brings.

Tomorrow's word: Expand (I have NO idea... Though I am glad that there are a variety of meanings for "expand" - other than the one this word brings to mind during this season of often-mindless eating.

Good Luck and Fare-thee-well,
from under the gentle, warm, comforting Hudson's Bay blanket - 
Sue





No comments: