Saturday, October 15, 2011

30 - 14: Pencils

Today was a day of getting pencils.

Tara and I went to the Stillwater High School Choir "Garage Sale." She donated clothes and she bought clothes.

I stuck with the art/office theme - buying 4 cardboard mailing tubes, a bunch of Post-It notes, a bundle of new pencils, a journal, 2 books on Scouting, for resale, and a book on the history of knitting in America. I do not knit. By tradition I am a crocheter . However, this was the one book I had to buy. No reason. Left the Tiger Mother book for another buyer. I guess Tiger Moms and Stillwater kids are not a good mix.

Then Todd called from a garage sale out of town. Would I be interested in over 100 pastel/colored pencils for $5.00? Yes, I think so. Actually, there were probably closer to 150 - including charcoal pencils, French pastels, and two different brands of water-color pencils. Heck of a deal? Ya sure, ya betcha. Oh, plus a very good little pencil sharpener.

Gotta go draw?
Yup.
Pencilly yours,
Sue

No comments: