Sunday, October 30, 2011

30 x 30: Day 2

A day of paper and cloth.
Goodwill is getting a lovely plain black sweatshirt, a pair of never-worn black denim shorts, and re-getting a never-worn navy blue wool Ralph Lauren skirt(yes, purchased for 3.99 at Goodwill). Some day I will be a Business Woman, but I won't be wearing that skirt.....
The garbage can got a small piece of blue denim waved for mended a yet un-mended pair of favorite jeans.

Old business papers - OLD business papers - have been set aside to be destroyed. I did not count each piece of paper as a separate item. That would have been too easy. So each envelope of paper items was The Unit. Still, they added up nicely. Try it!

One Monkey Mask on a stick (planned as a Christmas gift) was tossed.

Stick broke while moving vast amounts of stuff out of small closet in preparation for re-insulating our attic. Woo hoo! New insulation AND forced awareness of closet-y things. The cross-roads of 30 x 30 and moving stuff out of closet - Luck? Fate? Miracle? Now to see if closet is remarkably different when stuff is sorted. All the coats, jackets, and Coach purses are whispering "Don't pick me. You can't pick ME." They are probably right. I am not a Shoe Person. I AM a Cool Coat-and-or-Jacket Person. I semi-hoard Coach purses - all found at garage sales for $4.00 or less. (Sister & I have personal code of Coaches - never pay more than $4.00) (Daughter Tara gave me three she lucked into one day - all in a FREE box) I have too many Coaches, but so far they are safe here. And except for the utilitarian goose-down jackets, all the other garments are too nifty in their own rights to give up right now. Please don't hate me (O.K., go ahead) because of the vintage fur and leather beauties waiting for their chance to warm and charm. Some-one had to love them, and right now that girl is me. And the 1950's Chimayo woolen jacket that Dear Sis gave me, after those few times I got to wear it while visiting here Out West, well, I so don't want to spoil it that it mostly stays unworn. Sad. True. MUST WEAR JACKET MUCH MORE OFTEN.

Calendars? Well, two large art types from 1999 & 1994 are gone. AND the mystery is solved of "Where in the heck is that 2008 Extreme Sports calendar????? Bought and put away, for safe-keeping, in late 2007, of course. For a while my calendar of choice was scary doings by brave people - especially rock climbers. I Am Not a Rock Climber. But that winter I had to settle for people doing other scary things like surfing, snow-boarding, & the like. January 2008 comes around - hmmmm - time to hang the new year. But the paper new year has been disappeared. Forever. Until now. It had slipped into a narrow space between bookcase (doesn't everybody have a bookcase in their closet) & a file box of old journals, & is now pretty darned worthless. I did cut two scary photos from it before adding 'er to the out-pile. Note to self - Hang 2012 calendar immediately upon getting it in house.

Also attacked was a drawer in the work desk - actually an antique kitchen work desk - full of drawers & doors yearning to be peered into and purged. Noooooooo. Yes. O.K. Here, because the 30-per-day challenge had already been reached, I gave the tally sheet the fun of counting each piece of paper. Out went directions to art fairs that no longer exist, directions to folks' homes that I finally remember how to get to, newspaper articles no longer useful (it happens!), etc, etc, and more etc. 30 total right there. Yippee!

Day's adventure: 84
Total to date: 123

Ya can't tell...
- Sue

PS - The NIKE sneakers got sneaked out of trash can - and became useful - at least for one night of usefulness. But I'd not thought of using them unless they'd been tossed out. A minor miracle of the 30 x 30.



No comments: