Thursday, January 18, 2018

Desk - Part the Second


No, I haven't been spending any/much "serious" art-making time in the studios. Why? Because of The DESK.


It was with serious intent that I planned this week around Cleaning The Desk. So far.... so not too bad.
This is how it looked at start of week. I am not Proud of this, and a 2008 photo found of same desk showed it in much the same condition, though with different "clutter." But... some, uh, of the same...
Yes, I put every single object seen here here. For a reason. There are always reasons. But now there are reasons to move on, and so it began...
Time periods were broken down to twenty minutes sections. No great reason - "twenty minutes" works best for me. So far, thirteen chunks of twenty minutes have been put to use on this project.

After forty minutes on Monday the desk looked like this:


There are a few visible clues to what's been improved, but they are hard to spot. However, I know the parts that are "better" here, and why. Not too many things have been tossed away, but lots have been moved to places where they are better off. The Box has even been addressed - I understand if you cannot tell.

Image Three is yet another evidence photo. My brain doesn't well remember how things WERE; therefore, it is best to shoot photos as proof that progress is being made. It's kind of like a "Spot the Differences" game.



More hours of cleaning have gone on since these first images, but there are still many to go. And other parts of life have to be lived as well. I am often an "all or nothing" sort - so doling out hours to particular deeds can be tough. And, odd is sounds, I am FOCUSED on this Desk Project. However, it is time to make some art now. Or do more bookkeeping, or make supper.

Tomorrow brings proof that I am being Serious about this Desk Thing. 

Perhaps it's time for tea and contemplation. And maybe a piece of toast. 

Here's a toast to Organizers/Cleaners everywhere! 

Fare-thee-well,
Sue the finder of a few lost things!


No comments: