Friday, January 19, 2018

Desk - Part the Third

One's perception of Stuff is most always interesting. That is as vague and general as I can type.

Here are some thoughts on Stuff On Desk - 

Here is part of the top layer of Stuff on Desk:


This accumulation includes a hand-colored image of a woman riding a horse sidesaddle. My maternal grandmother colored it many years ago. It is beautiful. Can't see it? Believe me - it's here. Right next to Aaron Rodgers' head on a stick. Really.

And an unusual number of wooden coffee stir sticks are here, too. (Well, not NOW - they have been bundled and moved to main studio.) I have a thing about taking stir sticks from coffee shops. Yes, I buy a coffee. No, I usually do not use a stick there. But I do use use them here - to take glue out of tiny glue tubes. To write inspirational sentences on. Once, to paint a picture of a bear.

In the mix are tools I use often, and tools I never use. As the containers, treasures in their own rights, get sorted through, I am sure to find "that thing I spent hours looking for!" Maybe several. Or lots! That treasure hunt is yet to start.

The hand-colored styrofoam coffee shop cup has a story: Several years ago I had to go to Hudson, Wisconsin for a meeting. I liked going to a particular main street coffee place because it had a great seating area right at front windows. I could sit in the sunshine, draw, read, or journal. I always got a "to-go" cup. This day I simply thought, "Oh, the cup company has started using colors on their designs." I was wrong. The barrista and I started chatting. She said that the girl who staffed the later shift sometimes got bored, and would use markers to decorate a few cups. The morning barrista would give these cups to "special" customers! Huzzah for my luck that morning! This cup will not be leaving the top of this desk any time soon. Reasons.

Tomorrow brings more de-cluttering. And, finding more things that will trigger more memories. And one more day before the big Vikings NFL play-off game against Philly. Yes, another football fan lives in this house. He is not a Packers fan. I might just have to cheer for his team. I've done it before, but for other reasons.

The mind is now getting cluttered with football memories... I think it's best to quit typing and go on to the adventures of the evening.

Fare-thee-well,
Sue

No comments: