Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Twenty Minutes


Another day - another quest.
This time it is the table in my main working studio.
Not much room to work, is there?


This space has been more a holding area for the past three months than a place to use for creating. Timer set? Yup. Twenty minutes - and, GO!

I do love using timers. And twenty minutes works best for me.

Amazingly, orders got mailed, mats, pastels, and other art supplies were returned to the places they belonged in, and I got reacquainted with LeBron James and Seth Curry.

Some things got tossed. Some things got filed. An edge of newspaper got taped down. I couldn't replace the paper yet, because I scribbled some quotes about Michael Phelps and his coach in that purple area. And I may have a hoarding issue with small empty plastic containers. We shall see come serious art-making time.

After twenty minutes?


Not perfect, but a functioning surface one again. When one has an area on which to work, there is a far better chance of work getting done.  One less excuse. And James and Curry might be watching!

It is quite wonderful to find how much can be made clear of clutter if one focuses for just fifteen or twenty minutes. I have been doing this experiment early in the morning, and therefore feeling a bit accomplished before eight A.M. 

Breakfast even tastes better!

Yes, this evening I started a pastel painting on the table. We will see how painting and trying to keep pastel "clutter" at a minimum works out. Wish me luck! I'll need it.

On to the challenges in your day!
With mixed emotions I've already scoped out mine for tomorrow. 
And the next day.... and the next. And...

So, fare-thee-well,
Sue the Timed De-Clutterer




2 comments:

Kay Murphys Studio said...

My graphic looks worse than yours, I may try your 20 minutes tomorrow. You did great.

Sue Bear said...

Thanks, Kay. Twenty minutes in several blocks sems to work best for me.